November 23, 2006

The monkey signifies

OK, this is really getting too odd for my liking and it's clearly demanding that something be explored, or something, although I'm not yet sure what. Maybe I'm just looking for things now - it's always possible. It could be that I'm now on some kind of hypersensitivity mode, following the further subconscious activity that came at (what I thought was) the end of a wave of activity: the IQ monkey/stumpy-legged man dream... almost immediately followed by the stumpy-legged guy in the film recommended to me by IQ... and then the other stumpy-legged guy in the book I was also inspired to read on account of IQ (and, lest you think otherwise, I do actually have a significant mind of my own apart from this woman...!).

So all that was quite bizarre enough, in between the various slightly unsettling moments that continue to happen on a regular basis between the two of us. And THEN YESTERDAY... she sent me a picture as an email attachment. There's a reason why she would, with which I shan't bore you... suffice it to say I was not surprised that she sent a picture to me at all - she said she was going to, because she particularly liked this one - but I didn't know what the picture would be of. Anyway, it landed in my inbox, innocently enough. I opened it; and there it was: the monkey. So, I though I'd email Olga (with whom I have of course shared all my subconscious goings on, even though she's not a regular reader of this blog) and comment on this further strangeness, and as I typed - with the blog on my screen for reference - the door went and it was IQ (who almost never comes knocking on my door). Writing it all down, I really don't think this is just me looking for things.

I have something approximating a clue in the direction of settling what needs to be explored here: The Signifying Monkey, a reference I've literally just found as I'm reading an article on jazz improvisation. This monkey signifies; I don't know yet quite what, but I sense that between monkeys and stumpy-legged men I'm being guided somewhere. I'll send a postcard.

2 comments:

meika said...

its not the monkey its the present in its hands

drop me a line and I'll send you a monkey

pinocchio said...

Sorry about the delay: All monkeys welcome... do reply.