October 29, 2006

Further subconscious musings

The divide between the worlds is thin now. It will be thinnest on Tuesday night, and spirits may move from their world to ours. In fact, I've been finding the divide to be quite precarious anyway. After my monkey dream and the legless man in that film, I already thought things were a bit strange, and I'm starting to wonder what might happen on Tuesday. Not like me at all to entertain such thoughts...

By a couple of weeks after the dream/film incident, my sense of paranoia eased, and I no longer felt vulnerable to the independent musings of my subconscious. But then.... Oh fuck, then... It continued. I realised where the man had come from in my mind (maybe...): about 3 weeks ago, I went back to a book I've been reading on and off since June. The 'main character' is in fact not the narrator, but an elusive singer, a man whose voice attracts people form across the city, but whose location is never known until it's known... and a man with withered legs, a cripple from a badly managed congenital condition. And there is a significant thematic connection between the film and the book, but I won't go into that. Suffice it to say that both book and film are in no small way connected to the ongoing saga of unrequited (and deeply misplaced!) desire. Around the same time as I'd come across this further connection, I had another dream, that it was IQ's 40th birthday and I'd missed it. Then last weekend, I learned from Necoh that it had been IQ's 40th birthday the weekend before. (As with many things surrounding IQ, this piece of information has taken on the role of State Secret.)

So this seems to work out as 4 significant moments in as many weeks: the dream; the film; the book; the birthday... moments of deep connection, but I'm not sure what the connection is with. I'm not as surprised as I was before, or as scared. I do feel vulnerable, but excitedly so...open to possibilities, open to information that I wouldn't normally be party to, that most people can't get to... like anything could happen, anytime, and it would all be divinely right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Britney's Sex tapes case thrown out of court? Blog blog blog!

Sar