April 17, 2007

Relief

Olga, Rabbit and I won. It wasn't a fight, exactly, but we got just about everything that we were proposing, and the changes made were good, and it all went through quite smoothly.

IQ, Juan, and Quiffy weren't there. It would have been much harder if any (or all!!) of them had been... Quiffy would have bleughed his soul and bemoaned the difficultness of everything; Juan would have been drole and dismissive and full of anecdotes (and Olga would've had a hard time chairing that...), and bemoaned the pointlessness of everything; and IQ would have done her thing of returning to topics half an hour after they were done.

As it was, we made some good decisions that don't affect any of them too much. The boys had sent apologies, but of course IQ's off the radar at the moment, so I think none of us care much what she thinks any more.

We all went for a drink afterwards, and I was happy to be in the company of such fine people. Hurray for democracy not working!

No comments: