What a bizarre night. A haze of images, all crystal clear at the time, danced just behind my eyes so I could only see them if I looked to the side - another pleaides moment... A woman, in a street - a dark, unlit street - taller than me, wearing a long overcoat tapered in at the waist, long dirty blonder hair worn up... we walk up a hill together and cannot leave each other at the top. She wants to overpower me, and although I like it I won't let her, and we agree to meet again although we still can't quite separate.What do such dreams mean? I could pore over the signficance of any given element in it - the height, the power, the blonde hair - but would it really mean anything? Would my dream actually tell me anything I didn't already know? In fact, do dreams ever tell us anything we don't already know? If they come from within us, we have made them, and they should be no surprise.
What I want my dreams to do is give me advice, or comfort, not disrupt my morning thoughts with strange and exciting images that demand to be replayed. Surely I have such advice and comfort inside of me as well? Maybe it is already advice and I just can't see it - like, go out, anywhere, meet someone, anyone, give it a go; or something. I'm so utterly and divinely happy being single that I really don't want the complications that other people bring with them, even if you don't leap headlong into some big commitment form the start. Other people take up headspace, heartspace, they take time and I don't have any that I want to share. So what's with the dream? Maybe it is still all that, the advice, and I just think it's not right. Oh bollocks, I don't know. And I don't care, except that I feel I have to do what my waking self feels, not trust the mental ramblings of my sleeping self. Perhaps it was just porn - heaven knows I've found very little out there worth watching.
But anyway, I think I should forget it. I place too much emphasis on dreams and their meaning (see the monkey dream and ensuing posts... the monkeys keep accumulating, but I am learning to ignore them). So there. Be gone.
I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment